We’re excited to have Gloria from Little White Whale with us again today to bring you a fun DIY project! See how easy it is to create your own tassel chair garland, perfect for any celebration – from baby showers to weddings.
I started crafting around the time I was planning my wedding a few years ago, which resulted in a lot of DIY projects being incorporated into our special day. Although it was a ton of extra work at the time, I love being able to look back on the personal touches we added, from fabric flowers to a giant heart shaped photo booth backdrop. Here’s an easy project I would love to incorporate if I could go back and do it all over again – beautiful tassel chair garlands! They’re a really fun way to dress up your tables, so call up your friends and family and put them to work Read on to learn how to make your own!
What you’ll need:
- paper tissue/mylar sheets in different colors
- string or yarn
- Stack a few sheets of paper tissue, and cut out a 9.5″ x 4″ rectangle
- Fold the rectangle in half
- Cut thin strips towards the folded edge, about 2/3 of the way
- Unfold and separate the layers into single sheets
- Roll straight down the center to create a thin “rope”
- Bring the tasseled ends together and twist the top to create a loop. Secure with a bit of tape
- Repeat steps 1 through 6! You’ll need 8 tassels for each garland
- Determine how low you would like the garland to hang from the back of the chair, and cut a piece of string to size (the ones I used were 42″)
- Tie on the tassels starting from the middle and work outwards. Attach the finished garland to the chair, and you’re done!